is a powerful, versatile and hugely popular programming language
. Understanding what is Java technology, why use java, how to build websites
as well as learning Java programming
and Java coding is a sure way for you to developing and programming web applications and websites that meet standards and expectations in the world of modern Web.
What is Java
Java programming language
and computing platform was developed in 1995 and released by Sun Microsystems. Modern Web is abandoned with thousands of websites and web applications which won’t function without Java
. If you want to play online games, efficiently use mobile applications, chat online, enjoy 3D images, use different types of web applications, web-based content and services – then you need to use Java. Java programming
and Java coding
is a powerful technology used almost everywhere. From Java.com
• 1.1 billion desktops run Java
• 930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year
• 3 billion mobile phones run Java
• 31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
• 100% of all Blu-ray players run Java
• 1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year
• Java powers set-top boxes, printers, games, car navigation systems, ATMs, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more
programming technology is a set of computer software products for developing application software and deploying it in a cross-platform computing environment. Used widely in a great variety of computing platforms, mobile devices, enterprise business applications and systems, Java
programs have become an important part of many computing environments and various modern-day implementations.
Java Technology official mascot is Duke, a beloved cartoon character with big nose. Duke represents a “software agent” that performed tasks for the user. A new Duke personality is created every year.
Why use Java
Java developers designed this programming language
to enable other web apps developers and web programmers
build web apps of high-level functionality, productivity and portability features that can run on most modern computing platforms. So, why use and learn Java
? Java enables web developers:
From Java.com website:
• Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
• Create programs that can run within a web browser and access available web services
• Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
• Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
• Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, consumer products, and practically any other electronic device
How to build websites with Java
There is a great amount of software tools and open source implementations developed by Java open source communities. To develop websites with Java
you can use Java Server Pages (JSP)
allowing to embed HTML in Java code files for the creation of dynamic pages. To use JSP, you will need a Servlet Container
, a web server that runs Java classes.
(or simply Tomcat) is the most popular open source web server and servlet container developed for Java by the Apache Software Foundation. Java Development Kit (JDK)
is a software development kit designed for Java developers and containing a Java compiler and many tools for Java development
When it comes to modern web development
and implementations, understanding and learning Java programming language
is a huge step forward for everyone interested in developing high-performance applications.