Java is one of the most powerful programming languages ever developed. Released in 1995, Java has proven its worth and versatility in modern application development.
What is Java? Java is the most widely used general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language designed to let application programmers “write once, run anywhere” (WORA). It means that Java code can run on many platforms and does not need to be recompiled to run on another. Java is used in a wide variety of computing platforms: mobile phones, enterprise servers, embedded devices, etc. Java applications run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other operating systems.
The development of Java programming language is based on several factors. Java programming should be (according to Wikipedia):
• simple, object-oriented and familiar
• architecture-neutral and portable
• interpreted, threaded, and dynamic
• robust and secure
• high performance
Why Learn Java
Why learn Java? Java is a hugely popular, versatile and ubiquitous programming language boasting a world of opportunities and powerful development tools for application development and website building. So, why Java is worth learning? We do not give you an unequivocal yes-no answer, we just sound off the reasons why learn Java.
Learn Java, if you want to:
• Learn programming language for FREE
• Get familiar with and well-versed in modern technologies
• Learn how to code easy, benefit from Java excellent documentation and platform independence, “write once run anywhere”
• Find Java learning resources easily, get excellent Java community support for novices, various Java forums, helpful free tutorials, etc
• Learn object-oriented programming, improve your logical thinking, pick up other programming languages
• Develop software computer programs, build Android applications, create exceptional web applications
• Become a professional programmer and get high-paying Java Developer/Software Developer job
• Start your own business in web development and software programming industry
Good enough reasons to learn Java? Learning how to program and how to code web applications is not easy. Besides, there are so many different programming languages that it’s really very hard to figure out what programming languages to learn first.
Java is a good path to start your journey into web application development and web programming.